As 2015 comes to an end, I started reflecting on the year and what I’ve observed. I thought it might be helpful for buyers and sellers if I shared a few thoughts. In no particular order, here are my words of wisdom!
- Most buyers don’t want a project. They don’t have the inclination to fix up a house. Sellers need to repair/ update their homes in order to sell.
- Sellers should disclose everything; good and bad. Not disclosing will end up costing you.
- Location, location still holds true. Today’s buyers want to be near amenities and closer to town. Rural areas hold less appeal; targeting about 11% of the buyers.
- Antique homes take longer to sell – only about 8% of the buyers are looking for one.
- If you wait to find the “perfect” home to buy, you will never find a home.
- Home prices have risen since 2013. You will end up paying more for a house the longer you wait to buy.
And lastly, it still is a good time to purchase a home. Low pricing, historically low rates, and good inventory combine to make perfect buying conditions. Thinking of buying or selling? Give me a call! Donna Forest 603-526-4116, www.donnaforest.com, email@example.com